Contract Mine Exploration Geologist (Core Logging)/Alamos Gold Inc. Young-Davidson Mine/Matheson, ON
Temps plein • Chapleau Région
Alamos Gold Inc. Young-Davidson Mine, located in Matachewan, Ontario, approximately 60 km west of Kirkland Lake is hiring an exploration core logging geologist at Young-Davidson mine. The mine is among one of Canada’s largest Underground Gold Mines with growing production and a large mineral reserve base. The successful candidate will have opportunity to work in a mine that is also in the process of expanding the lower mine and completing long-term infrastructure projects. More information on Alamos Gold Inc. and the Young-Davidson Mine can be found on our website at www.alamosgold.com
Reporting to the Chief Mine Geologist, the successful candidate will be responsible for carrying out a variety of geology assignments and assisting in multiple areas of the Geology Department.
- Logging exploration and definition diamond drill core into the computerized data handling system.
- Assisting with the planning and implementation of drilling programs as needed.
- Assisting with tracking drilling progress on daily basis as needed.
- Updating daily diamond drilling performance reports excel spread sheets as needed.
- Interpret drill core, identifying depth intervals of gold ore mineralization and structural data.
- Core sampling and RQD’s estimation.
- Ensuring all relevant QA/QC controls are being effectively followed during completion of project tasks.
- Core photography.
- Assisting in core boxes handling and core samples delivering to the lab.
- Maintain health, safety, and environmental standards; and
- Other geology department work as required including but not limited to underground mapping and chip sampling.
Qualifications and Experience:
- BSC in Geology from a recognized Canadian University or equivalent.
- Minimum 1-year industry experience.
- Proficiency with AutoCAD, Vulcan or other geological software is an asset.
- Exposure to DHlogger and fusion software.
- Strong organization and time management skills.
- Self-motivated ability to work alone.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Valid driver’s license
Schedule/Contract Terms: This position is a 5-2 schedule and will be a contracted position until December 31st, 2021 with the possibility of being extended into 2022.
Young Davidson offers competitive salaries and benefits packages with opportunities for both personal and professional advancement.
Alamos Gold Inc. is committed to an environment that is barrier free. If you require accommodation during the hiring process, please inform us in advance so that we can arrange reasonable and appropriate accommodation.
We sincerely appreciate the interest of all applicants however; only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.