Temps plein • Chapleau Région
(RED SEALED CERTIFICATION ONLY)
Wesdome Gold Mines is in its 30th year of continuous gold mining operations in Canada. The Company is 100% Canadian focused with a pipeline of projects in various stages of development. The Eagle River Complex is located approximately 50 km south of Highway 17; 50 km West of Wawa, Ontario and is currently producing gold from a central mill which processes ore from the Eagle River Underground Mine and the Mishi Open Pit Mine.
Reporting to the Eagle River Maintenance Planner or designate, the successful candidate will perform the maintenance and repairs of all surface, underground stationary equipment, long hole buggies, compressors rock breakers and pumps at the mine site. The candidate will be reliable and is expected to work well as a member of a team to ensure a safe and productive workplace.
The successful candidate will possess a Provincial certification as a Millwright Mechanic with at least 5 years’ experience in underground mining, possess Ontario common core modules, good communication skills and must have a valid (G) Driver’s License.
· Work in compliance with the Occupational Health and Safety Act and -Regulations for Mines and Mining Plants and all other Government standards and regulations.
· Keep work areas clean and free of safety hazards on a continuous basis.
· Ability to take initiative and work independently as part of a team
· Perform maintenance and repairs to stationary equipment on surface and underground in a safe and timely manner.
· Perform maintenance on long hole buggies, compressors rock breakers and pumps
· Follow Wesdome safety policies, procedures, practices and standards.
· Fall Arrest will be an asset
· Strong troubleshooting skills
· Strong mechanical aptitude with ability to perform routine equipment maintenance
· Knowledgeable with hydraulic, pneumatic, and electrical systems
· Must be able to work with little supervision; must be self - directed
· Excellent written and verbal communication, organizational and interpersonal skills
· Good Communication skills and ability to work with others
· Able to effectively prioritize workload to ensure deadlines are met
This is a camp position, working a 7 days on / 7 days off
We Wish To Thank All Applicants For Their Interest and Effort In Applying For The Position; However, Only Candidates Selected For Interviews Will Be Contacted.
accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005
(the “Act”), Wesdome is committed to hosting and maintaining an accessible