Temps plein • Chapleau Région
Levert Group is seeking an experienced IT Technician to work with one of our MINING clients in Northern, ON. The position is in a camp setting working a 7/7 rotation.
Tickets/Certificates Required: Levert Module, Basic SAP program knowledge and/or proficient computer skills, Valid drivers’ license.
Minimum Qualifications & Skill Requirements:
- Currently enrolled in a college degree in a related field plus related certification.
- Some technical knowledge of system and network operating systems
- Some technical knowledge of current network hardware, protocols, and standards
- Effective ability to convey messages in an organized, clear and succinct way.
- Excellent inter-personal skills together with an ability to facilitate commitment to a cooperative team effort; in addition to a high level of energy, self-motivation and strong organizational skills.
- Good communication skills, both oral and written with both internal and external contacts and the ability to work with all levels of the organization (Bilingual – French and English is an asset)
- Ability to meet deadlines and manage stress effectively in high-pressure situations.
- Strong sense of discretion and confidentiality required.
Reporting directly to the Senior IT Coordinator, the IT Technician will assist in ensuring information systems are operating 24/7 and technical support / implementations are managed in a way that minimizes operational disruptions. Provide technical and administrative support at a desktop and network level. This role is responsible for technical administration and product support of various endpoint technologies for the mine site. Key technologies supported include computers, mobile devices, satellite tv, printers, copiers and phones.
Key Areas of Responsibility & Duties:
- Assist with the review of the existing technology infrastructure and recommend integrated technical solutions and technologies that meet business requirements, shield against technical failures or disruptions and take into consideration inter-site dependencies, cost effectiveness and reliability.
- Assist personnel with installation, configuration, upgrades and ongoing usability of system hardware and software.
- Troubleshoot hardware and software issues in person, remotely and via phone.
- Assist with the maintenance of an orderly and accurate parts inventory.
Start/End Hours – Rotation Schedule: 7:00 am to 5:00pm on a 7/7 rotation (day shifts only)
While we thank all whom apply; only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Qualified individuals with disabilities are entitled to reasonable accommodations to assist in their pursuit of employment with Levert Group. This includes assistance in completing the registration process (online or in the office). To discuss accommodations needed to apply for a job, please call Levert Group at 1-800-461-5934 and ask to speak with a Recruiter.