Temps plein • Chapleau Région
(Rate of Pay $33.42 / hour)
(Probationary Rate $28.41 /hour)
The Township of Chapleau is seeking a full time experienced operator mechanic for its Transportation and Environmental Services Department. This is a unionized environment.
The successful candidate must possess the following qualifications, skills and abilities:
• Certified Truck and Coach Technician
• Automotive Service Technician and/or Heavy Duty Mechanic qualifications considered an asset
• Ability to work on Small Engines
• Valid D-Z Ontario driver’s license
• Minimum three (3) years operating experience on various types of heavy snow and earth moving equipment
• Work on a rotational basis in the area of refuse collection and other night shift duties
• Work both individually and in a team environment
• Take training and upgrading
The successful applicant will be directed by the Public Works Superintendent and work within the current legislation and regulations applicable to this high level position.
Responsibilities will include performing regular maintenance of all Municipal equipment within the following departments – Public Works, Airport, Recreation Department, Fire Department, Cemetery and Landfill Site. The Operator Mechanic must also operate various pieces of equipment within the department as directed by the Public Works Superintendent.
Candidates must submit a typed resume complete with covering letter and proof of education, qualifications, skills and abilities, in confidence to the undersigned.
In accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Privacy Act, the information gathered is collected pursuant to the Municipal Act 2006 and will be used for the purpose of candidate selection. We are an equal opportunity employer.
We thank all candidates in advance and wish to advise that only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Public Works Superintendent
Township of Chapleau P.O. Box 129 Chapleau, ON P0M 1K0 Tel. (705) 864-1334 firstname.lastname@example.org
November 19th, 2018